Tri-Township Credit Recovery Policy
Students who fail one or more required courses must regain those lost credits for graduation. The process will be as follows:
1. The student will repeat the course in the next school year with a teacher. An administrator may override this in the best interest of the student.
2. If a class is not offered again with a teacher, then the student will be able to take the class online for credit recovery.
3. If a student fails a class for a second time, then the student will be able to take the class online for credit recovery.
4. If the student retakes the class with a teacher, then they will be issued the grade earned in the course.
5. If the student retakes the class online through credit recovery, then the highest grade a student can receive is a 75%.
6. The student must complete all credit recovery online requirements established by the principal and guidance counselor.
Students who choose to repeat the course will be issued the grade earned in the repeated course. The original course will remain on the transcript but will be issued “NC” for non-credit and removed from the student’s cumulative GPA.